The Telethon Kids Institute is currently trialling a brand-new science and health education program for kids in Years 3, 4, 5 & 6.
The 2 hour program will include:
- A visit to the Discovery Centre
- Science activities run by researchers
- A viewing of a real-life working lab
- Opportunity to meet real-life researchers
Activities may include:
- Extracting DNA from strawberries
- Viewing cheek cells under a microscope
- Using video technology to look inside an ear and
- Looking at different types of allergens using hand held microscopes.
The trial program is free however schools will need to provide students with travel to and from the Institute.
We’re currently taking bookings for the program trial in Term 1 2020. Interested schools can complete the form below and one of our friendly team will be in touch.