Organise an educational excursion to the Telethon Kids Discovery Centre for groups of 20 children or less!
Suitable for students in Years 3-6, our homeschooler excursions feature all the best parts of the Telethon Kids primary school excursion program, but is tailored to smaller, mixed-aged groups, giving students more opportunities and time to engage with a Telethon Kids researcher.
The excursion runs for 1.5 hours and includes:
- Time in the Discovery Centre, where students will learn about science, health and research through interactive games
- Hands-on science activities run by our very own Telethon Kids researchers
- A guided viewing of a real-life working lab
We currently offer the following educational topics for our homeschooler program:
- Delicious DNA: Explore the world of DNA through a hands-on activity where students will get to extract the DNA from strawberries.
- How Sweet It Is!: Investigate the role of sugar and insulin in our bodies, and how they affect people with diabetes by measuring the level of glucose in sugary drinks.
- Get a Lung of this: Discover the power of our lungs and make some slimy mucous to investigate how this affects kids with chronic respiratory illnesses.
Download the Excursion Program to view details for each topic and links to the Australian Curriculum.
Sessions cost $15.00 + GST per child (minimum number 10; maximum number 20) and is available Monday to Friday, pending researcher availability.
Download our Excursions for Homeschool Students Terms & Conditions.
Send us an enquiry by completing this form and we’ll be in touch!