Get your class excited about science and health research with the Telethon Kids Discovery Centre excursion program!
Our primary school program offers the opportunity for students in Years 3-6 to visit the Telethon Kids Discovery Centre for an excursion. The excursion program runs for two hours and includes:
- Time in the Discovery Centre, where your students will learn about science, health and research through interactive games
- Hands-on science activities run by our very own Telethon Kids researchers
- A guided viewing of a real-life working lab
We currently offer the following topics for our 2022 excursion program:
- Delicious DNA: Explore the world of DNA through a hands-on activity where your students will extract the DNA from strawberries.
- How Sweet It Is!: Investigate the role of sugar and insulin in our bodies, and how they affect people with diabetes by measuring the level of glucose in sugary drinks.
- Get a Lung of this: Discover the power of our lungs and make some slimy mucous to investigate how this affects kids with chronic respiratory illnesses.
Sessions typically run every Monday to Friday from 10.00am - 12.00pm during term time throughout the school year. The excursion is a great opportunity for your students to visit a world-class research institute, interact with actual Telethon Kids researchers and see STEM subjects come to life, as they are applied to life-saving medical research.
Download the Excursion Program to view details for each topic and links to the Australian Curriculum. View our Information Handbook to find out more about what an excursion at the Telethon Kids Discovery Centre involves, including charges and payment.
Download our Excursion Terms & Conditions.
Click here to download a flyer to share with your school, colleagues or any teachers or educators you know!
We are currently taking bookings for 2022. Complete your details below to register your interest and we'll be in touch!