Organise an educational science and health-based excursion for home schooled students in Perth, W.A. to the Telethon Kids Institute for groups of 20 children or less!
Suitable for primary students in Years 3-6, our home school programs feature all the best parts of the Telethon Kids primary school excursion program, but is tailored to smaller, mixed age groups, giving students more opportunities and time to engage with a Telethon Kids researcher.
The home school excursions run for 1.5 hours and include:
- Time in the Discovery Centre, where students will learn about science, health, and research through interactive games,
- Hands-on science activities delivered by our very own Telethon Kids researchers, and
- A guided viewing of our world-class lab facilities.
We currently offer the following educational programs for home schooling groups:
- Delicious DNA: Explore the world of DNA through a hands-on activity where students will get to extract the DNA from strawberries.
- How Sweet It Is!: Investigate the role of sugar and insulin in our bodies, and how they affect people with diabetes by measuring the level of glucose in sugary drinks.
- Get a Lung of this: Discover the power of our lungs and make some slimy mucous to investigate how this affects kids with chronic respiratory illnesses.
Download the Excursion Program to view details for each topic and links to the Australian Curriculum.
Sessions cost $15.00 + GST per child (minimum number 10; maximum number 20) and is available Monday to Friday, depending on availability.
Download and read our Excursions for Home schooled Students Terms & Conditions document.
We are currently taking bookings for Terms 3 and 4. Send us an enquiry and register your interest by completing this form and we’ll be in touch!
If you have any questions, check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) at the bottom of the page or reach out to the Education & Outreach team at firstname.lastname@example.org.